Sunday, July 12, 2009

WHAT HAPPENS IN LAS VEGAS




FRANK MARINO starred on the Strip, in An Evening at La Cage at the Riviera, longer than any other Las Vegas performer. I know because he and I first met on his opening night, many years ago. The colorful show producer Norbert Aleman retained me for several years to help keep his many successful Las Vegas and Atlantic City shows running smoothly. Being close to Norbert and his talented wife allowed me to learn what it takes to maintain a long running successful-and profitable-production.

So last night, Frank calls and says "Pick a place, I'm buying and I've got some news." So, we end up at Sinatra's at Encore and Frank tells me that his dream has come true, that he's staging his very own show on the Strip, at the Imperial Palace, Labor Day weekend. If things go as well as I think they will, Frank will be back on the strip for another long run.

Almost anybody can get their name in the paper (all some of us have to do is screw-up, offend someone or just be outrageous) but to make a career at what you love doing, to hang-in there when others have dismissed you takes a special kind of talent, a belief in yourself that all of us can learn from.

I love FRANK MARINO. I admire his boyfriend and respect them both for making things happen.

On March 28, 2008, here in the House of h2o, I predicted that Frank Marino would produce his own show.

If you wanna know what happens in Las Vegas, you gots to keep an eye on those who make stuff happen.

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).