Thursday, October 2, 2008

JON MARRO-----BLEND APPAREL LOVES ME? WELL, SINCE YOU SAID IT FIRST...





JON MARRO

House of H2o loves Blend Apparel. Seriously. And funnily, too. Their shrits are the nuts.

My friend ordered us several T-Shirts from Jon Marro's new venture, BLEND APPAREL and, when we receive any notice from the company, the tagline reads: "Blend Apparel Loves You," which is cool because I love them, him.

Jon is refered to as a 'graphic designer' but that's a bit too grapic, no? How about just 'artist?'

Better yet: THE artist of our generation.

JON MARRO caught my eye a few years back. His 'Ants Marching' (and so many others) for Dave Matthews Band as well as his work with the best lyricist working today, Jason Mraz just kept getting to me, and I, like millions of others, just get him.

In the film and music business, I was raised to appreciate the writer first, for the writer is the artist who discovers the art first. Then, actors and directors, singers and producers, join in on the fun.

I always appreciated FRANK SINATRA, who made a point to credit the composers and arrangers whenever performing. That's why I always took the opportunity to meet and talk with great writers, especially pop songwriters.

But if you want to honor a real artist, look at the work of JON MARRO! He's found a way to capture the meanings of the lyrics, the ideas behind the songs, and now, with his new line at BLEND APPAREL, he's been able to represent serious issues in humorous ways, using shapes and colors to enter our consciousness in ways I can only try to understand. Now THAT'S art, man.

In his book, "This Is Your Brain On Music," author Daniel Levitian attempts to understand the impact music has on our minds. I would like someone to try to explain to me how JON MARRO has been able to tap-into the thing behind the music, the culture behind the pop. I know from where it comes: it comes from his genius.

We here at House of H2o would like to suggest you go to www.blendapparel.com and open your mind, and your heart. The shirts are made from bamboo, the site, solor powered.

I heart Blend Apparel.

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).