Monday, June 15, 2009

David Letterman paid me for a joke. Wow!

I just received a check in the mail, from the company that produces The Late Show with David Letterman. I had emailed three jokes and--- Dave used one. The weird part: I am more proud of this than the 12 grand I received a few weeks ago, more excited than just about any money I've ever earned, ever. I swear to goodness.


I am a high school graduate. College too. And law school. Did grad work, wrote a masters thesis, composed several pop songs and even co-wrote a play. I am finishing the second of three novels, but... Dave used a joke of mine!

I was sitting with my bro, Bela (for whom I've written loads of material), and Letterman goes into the joke, MY joke. And I got all stupid and shit, turning-up the volume and shushing the random who was hanging around after a late nite swim.

I have designed illusions, produced live shows, written all kinds of special material here in Las Vegas, but, did I mention- David Letterman used a joke of mine.

I'm just sayin...

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).