Thursday, June 18, 2009

THERE'S MAGIC IN THE DESERT!


My Bros at Ringling are back in Las Vegas with a new show, a non-circusy magical production that I really dig.

Yesterday I spent a few hours with the Ringling elephants as they waited to run-through their new magic-themed show, called 'Zing, Zang, Zoom.'

I like spending time with animals. I love them very much and look forward to the quiet time I am allowed to spend with them. I am the luckiest guy in Las Vegas. Several of the Ringling elephants remember me very well. They do. I come backstage and spend time with the big guys every year when they pass through Las Vegas. The animal handlers always make a point to tell me how good I am with the beautiful creatures, and how relaxed they are around me.

I believe in a time when man peacefully existed with all of God's creatures and I do my best to do just that, whenever I have the chance. One of the handsome Indian elephants first met me several years ago in Branson, where he was performing with an up-and-coming young magician, a nice kid who, as a finale, vanished my big friend on stage. We've been friends ever since (the elephant, not the kid).

Now to all of my friends (and to the well-meaning but somewhat misguided wackos) with PETA, I will say that I really don't have time to debate the circus or other shows that display animals. I WILL say that Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey treat their animals very well, and thanks to them, a guy like me gets to see these beautiful creatures up close. Lions that I have tamed, tigers trained by me and elephants I've befriended remember me and always take the time to say hello.

I don't think a person can be around animals and NOT believe in God.

Ringling's decision to make their 'Zing, Zang, Zoom' show all about magic this season seems like a solid one. I am a man changed for the better for having spent time petting, rubbing, and rolling- around with wild animals.

If you have the chance, maybe visit Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey.

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).