Tuesday, June 16, 2009

JUSTIN KREDIBLE; That's What You Are




I've been a fan, and kind of a supporter, of comic-magician JUSTIN KREDIBLE for the past several years. I've seen him on television, even getting up quite early recently to watch him 'live' on Las Vegas ABC-13. I traveled to LA to catch him in concert where we had, I think, a productive conversation about the state of magic and comedy.

So I mention this because, unless I was given a phoney phone number, erroneous email and fake Facebook, I think I'm being blown-off. Or, perhaps I'm becoming a stalker. You see, Justin, in spite of his clean cut good looks, fresh comedy style and super-polite demeanor, might be too busy. Or else, he's simply ignoring me.

I should be clear- Justin is a great guy. He's encouraged me to collaborate on a writing project and is a very funny and talented (and busy) performer whom Jason Mraz happens to love. But- to borrow a line from Roberta Flack (or The Black Eyed Peas):

"Where is the love?"

David Letterman saw fit to use some of my stuff in his recent monologue. (OK, actually, it was one joke, about Las Vegas and Donald Trump but it got a laugh). Towards the end of his career, FRANK SINATRA, had me write for him. In fact, Mr. S thought of me as a writer and, thanks to him, I made it through school. I've written special material for live shows, huge magic productions and even the Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon. So what's the deal, JK? I'm all a sudden not a good enough writer for you?


Last year, for a special event at Caesars Palace, I was asked to provide some special lyrics to Nat 'King' Cole's 'Unforgettable.' I don't really remember them, so here's 'JUSTINKREDIBLE,' to the tune of 'UNFORGETTABLE.'



JUSTIN KREDIBLE
THAT'S WHAT YOU ARE
JUSTIN KREDIBLE
YOU'RE LIKE A STAR

WHY CAN'T YOU SIMPLY FIND THE TIME
TO TEXT ME, I'VE EVEN MADE MINE RHYME

WHY DO YOU STALL?
HOW COME YOU NO CALL?

JUSTIN KREDIBLE
FORGET THE SHTICK
AM I FORGETTABLE?
DON'T BE A PRICK

THAT'S WHY JUSTIN, IT IS HORRIBLE
EVEN THOUGH, YOU ARE ADORABLE
DUCKING ME IS QUITE DEPLORABLE, TOO

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).