Friday, July 4, 2008

And The Rockets Red Glare


I just returned from a quick trip over the mountains. I spent the morning in Pahrump, Nevada, where EVERYTHING is legal.

Driving back, I couldn't help but think about what a really great country this is.

Seriously.

It is now early evening. The neon is just now starting to flicker on. The gang is around the pool. I just finished my laps and came in to check House of H2o Gmails. And? I was BLOWN AWAY!

It seems that my little blog has become popular with a bunch of our guys serving in Iraq. Wow. I am honored.

A few weeks back, I wrote a piece about my longtime buddy, jazz saxophonist MATT WALLACE (see: Matt Wallace, June 20th). Another Matt Wallace, a 22 year old Army Corporal, was killed in an explosion in Baghdad on July 22, 2006. Young Matt gave his life for his country, for OUR country. And many of his friends and family, while searching the web, came upon my blog and as of this morning, houseofh2o@gmail.com received 44 emails, many from troops serving in Iraq who expressed an interest in pop culture.

I have a new novel, ''The King Of Diamonds: The Magical Life of Darin Diamond" coming out later this month and so I am making it available FREE to anyone serving or who has served. Think of it as the very least a guy like me could do.

Shoot me an email and I will see to it you get a book. And if you don't mind, I'd be happy to sign it.

On behalf of a grateful Sin City, I thank you.

Happy Birthday, America

About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).