Saturday, March 1, 2008

AN AXE FOR THE FROZEN SEA WITHIN US

Well, that's how that crazy Czech Kafka thought of good writing. Going to bed human and waking up a beetlebug, now THAT'S a trippy thing. (Although I have for years had a recurring dream about hanging- out with Paul McCartney, his asking me "How does this sound?" as he strums out a new song). (Oh, another dream? It involves Scarlett Johansson, a pair of jumper cables, a bottle of Percodan, The Boston Pops, a bottle of Jack Daniel, and, oddly, James Marsden.) 

Ok, let's leave the dreamy Beatles and Pops behind, shall we? The topic for today is:

 Agreements

 No, not First Year Law (offer...acceptance) but rather,  the agreements we makes with ourselves. 

The following four agreements changed my life. If you are looking for a change, come-on-a-long...


   
THE FOUR AGREEMENTS---


1. Be impeccable with your word

2. Don't take things personally

3. Don't make assumptions.

4. Do your best.


Reading assignment>>> Miguel Angel Ruiz, The Four Agreements.

Dude, open the book and open your heart. It'll rock your world! 



Notes on the Big Four:
1)no pecking, 2) it ain't always about you, boo, 3) when you make assumptions you can make an ASS out of U and UMPTION (OK I may have screwed that one up) 4) Don't do your hair, your bed or the pool boy. Bro, DO YOUR BEST!

*BOOK UPDATE: 330 pages into my novel "CONDO: THE KINDA-TRUE STORY OF HOW LAS VEGAS GOT HIGH," and I just realized that the main character, Roy Richards, is a pretty cool dude. Chy Rivers, the sexy man whore who falls in love with Kerri Dozier, is pretty cool too. I totally stole the name 'Dozier' from Scott, a guy I lost track of over the years. Go With God, Scotty.

 


  


About Me

My photo
My profile is considered: "HIGH" 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, slim-ish, trim-ish straight-ish, late-ish, creative-ish... I am an unashamed HETRO* *Heterochromatic(one green eye, one hazel-ish).